Due to design and location, the shaft brackets in the Servogear controllable pitch propeller system causes minimum drag and resistance. They also ensure no cavitation and improved steering performance.
The brackets are of heavy-duty single leg design. They are cast in high tensile stainless steel and NiAlBz. Servogear shaft brackets are also designed with progressive strength. This means that the section modulus of the bracket leg is decreasing from the hull intersection to the bracket barrel. Should a severe grounding occur, the bracket would deform as a “J” – avoiding serious damages like cracks and leakages in the hull. This is an important safety feature. Normally, the shaft brackets can be straightened easily – without the need for replacements.
Key advantages/features of Servogear Shaft Brackets
- Heavy duty single leg design
- Stabilizes the water flow
- Better steering performance to the hull
- Fastened to the hull structure by chockfast
- Water lubricated bearings
- Stainless steel or nickel aluminium bronze castings